What is Roadweek?

Kylie Hamilton

Roadweek is a week for Purcell high school students to do fun activities but to raise money for good causes. Krysta Matthews and the student council will be organizing roadweek this year. Roadweek will be may 8th through 11th and activities will be held at Purcell high school. Roadweek’s goal is to raise money for good causes like the Lil´ Dragon Food Pantry and to help some of the families in our community.

¨This year the money raised will go to the Lil’ Dragon Food Pantry as well as dispersed to each individual school’s student needs funds, The money will help provide food and services to those Purcell students in need. This is my first year I will be leading the student council in ROAD week, and I am super excited about it. Road Week was first organized by student council and the former sponsor and teacher Debbie Frankenberg. It became a tradition beloved by teachers and students. I am hoping to bring the tradition back full force and help those in need, by also raising school spirit, service, and leadership.¨

-Krysta Matthews

Student council is working on some fun ideas for Roadweek. Some ideas that will be discussed Thursday at the meeting are a field day and a drive in movie. Road week will be held may 8th through 11 at Purcell high school.