The Torch

New Year, New Student Council!

Grace Smith

The Purcell High School Student Council is ready for the 2018-19 school year with their new sponsor, Ms. Matthews.

The Student Council is a very big part of our school. Some important activities they do include organizing the pep assemblies, blood drive, canned food drives, dances, homecoming, cleaning up after games, etc. The homecoming theme this year is ¨Touchdowns and Traditions: 80 Years at Conger Field¨.The parade and game will be October 5th, and many alumni will be featured in the parade.

The class officers for each grade include: Presidents- Jake Berrey, Bryce Tuck, Sam Wofford, and Dalton Holder. Vice Presidents- Matthew Dobbs, Anoli Billy, Kora Keith, and Hailey Carpenter. Secretary/Treasurers- Sofia Evans, Gavin Nation, Liz Caralampio, and Kaitlynn Smith. Reporters- Sierra Levine, Corbin Hall, Tyler Williams, and Jaiden Avila. Class Representatives- Alyssa Richards, Vivian Steiner, Gracie Morgan, Chelsea Spain, Emily Madden, Carlee Dismuke, Abby Escobedo, and Rosie Venegas.

Jake Berrey, senior class president, says ¨It is an honor to be representing my class and I am excited to make my senior year memorable!¨ The Purcell High School Student council is ready for an amazing year!