The Torch

Parker Millsap Makes it Big

Parker Millsap returns to the Sooner Theatre on May 4 and 5. Picture by Doug Hill for the Norman Transcript.

Gavin C, Writer

Parker Millsap was born in Purcell, Oklahoma. He is a singer, writer and just an all-around good musician for the type of genres he sings. His genres include Americana, Roots rock, Alternative country, Blues, and Country folk. Parker is currently a twenty-five year old musical artist. He has great successes for someone of his age, and more than likely he will have many many more to come throughout his career. Being so successful he has gone on a few tours, and many people seem to enjoy his concerts. Personally, I wouldn’t like to go to his concert or listen to his music. That is just my opinion, as his music isn’t my cup of tea.

You can go and listen to his music at Parker Millsap’s Youtube. Parker Millsap graduated from Purcell, Oklahoma in 2010-2011. Growing up in a small town, going into music is any musician’s dream come true. Parker made this dream a reality and made it to the big leagues. He currently isn’t very well known, but that doesn’t mean his popularity hasn’t grown at all. His YouTube currently has  1,602 subscribers and is still growing today.  He recently dropped his fourth album called “Other Arrangements.” This album includes twelve songs that are good in my opinion. 

Considering his age and where he was raised, there was a good chance that Parker wouldn’t make it in the music industry. Over the last few years, Parker made what seemed like a Hollywood movie cliche into a reality, which showed that with enough determination, you can do anything.