The Torch

Homecoming 2017

Lizzie D., Reporter

Homecoming is going to be September 22nd and we are going to be facing the Bridge Creek Bobcats. Something is very interesting about this year though. Robby Carriger, former coach from Purcell, is now the Bobcat’s new coach. It will be strange for everyone, mostly the football players who had Carriger as a head coach. Now since Carriger is coaching the Bobcats, he is going to do everything in his power to show them what they have in store. He knows Purcell’s football plays and tricks and he’s going to strategize.

Student Council has got together and put ideas into Spirit Week. Monday is going to be ‘Merica’ Monday’. Tuesday will be ‘Soccer Mom and Barbeque Dad’. Wednesday is ‘Stop Light Day’. Thursday is ‘Throwback Rock’. Friday we are out for the day!

At 1:30 P.M. there will be a parade on Main Street. Every class makes a float with a theme during the week and gets to present it at the parade. Students work hard and put a lot of effort into it so that they can win out of all the classes! During the football game that night, the winner will be announced over the intercom.

Coronation will begin at 7 Conger Field. The candidates include: Kora Keith – Freshman, Sunny Sanders – Sophomore, Hope Benefiel – Junior, Ellie Eisman, Lizzie Davis, and Haylee Swayze – Seniors. At the end, a King and Queen will be announced. Then we will face the Bridgecreek Bobcats!

After the game that night, there will be a homecoming dance at the Purcell High School gym. It will be held from 10 P.M to 12 P.M. It will be five dollars to enter and get two pieces of pizza and a drink! Dress as you please, the theme is Rock N’ Roll.

Everyone come to the events held that day and then cheer on our Dragons! They need all the support they can get. Friday is always a fun Dragon-filled day!